This vocational diploma addresses the lack of qualified and skilled technical staff urgently required by modern housing providers, and the consulting and contracting organisations that support them, to meet the asset management and compliance demands of social housing.
It is designed for employers to ‘grow their own’ by upskilling and nurturing appropriate staff to address the technical skills shortage and give them the right management competencies.
The diploma is employer lead and is mapped against the RICS’ Surveying Technician Apprenticeship standard and successful individuals will be able to join RICS at Associate Member level via the Building Surveying pathway. Sava has been approved to offer modern apprenticeships and therefore significant funding will be available for organisations who are levy payers.
Ideal candidates for this qualification would be those working in:
• Management service delivery
• Programme delivery
• Compliance and health and safety
• Stock condition assessment
• Or any individual seeking to gain a vocational and professional qualification in surveying and housing management.
Businesses whom would typically put employees forward for this qualification:
• Social Housing providers
• Local authorities with in house housing stock
• Property inspection companies
• Property and asset maintenance companies
• Facilities management companies in the domestic sector
We’re currently setting up a user’s group and are planning to launch with the first course in late 2018. If you would like to shape what we’re doing, get in touch with us. Drop an email to Hilary Grayson Sava’s Director of Surveying Services.