This online CPD course covers a range of invasive non-native plants, including Japanese Knotweed and Giant Hogweed.
- Understand the growth and spread of high-profile Invasive Non-Native Plants (INNPs) and the problems they cause
- Identification of high-profile Invasive Non-Native Plants, including all forms of Japanese Knotweed, in the UK in a range of different circumstances
- The legal framework in England and Wales relevant to UK Invasive Non-Native Plants
- Effective inspection techniques to establish the presence of Invasive Non-Native Plants
- Training material developed by Dr. Dan Jones from Advanced Invasives, an Honorary Researcher at Swansea University. Dan is a leading authority on non-native plant species
£295 inc. VAT
- Qualification details
The qualification is delivered through an online learning platform giving you flexibility as to where and when you undertake your CPD learning. You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
Introduction to invasive non-native plants from Dr Dan Jones
Recognise the plants and understand how they grow and spread
The legal instruments in England and Wales relevant to UK INNPs
Identification of knotweeds and growth characteristics in different seasons
The law and its background, easements, restrictive covenants, contract law, negligence and occupier’s liability are looked at in this module
Desk-based and on-site inspection techniques and effective reporting
There is an online test after completion of the course to demonstrate knowledge attained.
How long does it take?
It will take most people approximately 10 hours to complete.
Training material is developed by Dr. Dan Jones from Advanced Invasives, an Honorary Researcher at Swansea University. Dan is a leading authority on non-native plant species.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
Who is the Qualification designed for?
- Professionals working in land and property management, maintenance and contracting etc.
- Members of RICS and other professional bodies such as CIOB and CABE who provide valuations and survey reports for homeowners and lenders
The cost of the qualification is £295 inc. VAT. This includes all online training material, the test and the award of the Sava Certificate.
Download and read later
Our take away PDF contains a qualification overview and key information...
"Great insight event. Very well presented with an engaging speaker"
97% of attendees agreed all their questions were answered by attending a briefing event