Annual salary: £45-60k
Location: Milton Keynes, with possibility for hybrid working
Sava is a growing profitable business, comprising three enterprises:
- Sava Education – an education and information business that supports the UK residential surveying and valuation sector via training and qualifications.
- Sava Technology – a software business that provides tools to social housing providers which enable them to analyse and implement zero carbon strategies.
- Sava Analytics – a consultancy business that carries out data enhancement and analysis based on our software tools, as well as strategic advice on energy and sustainability to a variety of private and public sector clients.
Sava Intelligent Energy, our core software product, is a premium, market leading product that is used by over 250 social housing providers to manage the energy efficiency of their housing stock: https://sava.co.uk/towards-zero-carbon/sava-intelligent-energy/
Our Analytics team uses Sava Intelligent Energy to work with the clients to improve the quality of their data by spotting gaps and shortfalls then enhancing the data, as well as assisting with designing bespoke net-zero-carbon housing improvement plans:
The Analytics team also provides energy efficiency and sustainability consultancy to diverse clients working in the built environment. This ranges from research and technical writing to risk analysis and ‘trusted advisor’ support.
We are looking for an experienced data consultant who also has a track record developing enduring customer relationships and securing new and repeat business. We are looking for a technically minded individual who also has an interest in energy efficiency and carbon emissions reduction in the housing context.
This role is ideal for a bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual who would like to progress their data consultancy and business development career within the sustainability field.
What you’ll be doing as data consultant
- Providing guidance to customers to enable them to interpret their housing data; advising them on energy improvement plans for their housing stock, including net-zero-carbon strategies
- Meeting with customers to understand their needs, writing proposals accordingly, and seeing them through to firm contracts
- Mentoring the data work of the Analytics team members as required
- Applying technical skills to obtain, prepare and shape customers’ housing energy data
- Consolidating multiple data sources into a format that can be used by our software
- Occasionally conducting research and advice on wider aspects of sustainability.
We want you to have the following skills, abilities, and attributes:
- Ability to analyse, interpret and manipulate large data sets
- A compelling track record of developing enduring customer relationships and securing repeat business
- Confidence in mentoring technical staff and supervising their work on occasion
- Ability to write comprehensive reports, technical summaries, and articles
- Able to anticipate issues, take responsibility and make decisions.
We really need you to have the following knowledge:
- Excellent IT skills – in particular Excel in depth and Office 365 in general
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly, instilling confidence and leaving positive impressions.
We would also like you to have:
- A degree in data science or an equivalent subject
- An interest in sustainability and helping organisations to reduce their carbon emissions
- Knowledge of the UK social housing sector.
The annual salary for this role is in the range of £45-60k and will be based on the individual’s skills and experience. Other aspects of remuneration and employment can be discussed at the interview.
- Life assurance at 4x salary cover
- Company contribution to pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 volunteering days in addition to your annual leave each year
- Support to access training and qualifications even if they are not directly related to your day-to-day work
- Generous long term sick pay scheme
- Confidential helpline for support with emotional, financial, and legal matters
- Discounts on gym membership, free counselling for emotional support and health, fitness and lifestyle guidance
- 24/7 access to online appointments with a private GP.
To apply for the role of Senior Data Consultant, please write to us with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the letter, please tell us why you would like to work for Sava (100 words maximum), and your current salary.
The selection process is likely to include the following steps:
- An initial video/ telephone discussion
- A video interview
- Online psychometric and competency assessments and a task to allow you to further demonstrate your abilities to us
- A face-to-face interview.
At Sava we are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives, and skills, and we recognise talent based on merit and potential.