The Certificate in Residential Valuation is a fully packaged training and assessment programme that allows existing professionals (e.g. RICS, CABE or CIOB members) to offer valuations on residential property.
- Mapped against the RICS Valuation Registration Scheme
- Delivered entirely online so can be undertaken in your own time
- Training material and webinars delivered by industry leaders
- Study is part time, and can be completed in 9-12 months so you can complete it whilst continuing to work in your current job
Level 6 vocational related Certificate
Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE)
Recognised residential valuation competency, can apply to RICS Valuer Registration Scheme
The Certificate in Valuation will be delivered through an online learning platform giving you flexibility as to where and when you undertake your learning. Training materials include:
- Structured online content
- Online workshops with experienced trainers
- Access to RICS’s online portal iSurv
- Access to Rightmove’s Surveyor Comparable Tool
- Industry textbooks
- Interactive activities
- Full support from the Sava team
Assessment will cover both knowledge and competence. Learners will present a formal portfolio comprising 10 detailed valuation case studies which will be assessed by an occupationally competent member of RICS. This will equate to the supervision required by the Registered Valuer Scheme (RVS).
How long does it take?
The training element of the qualification will take around 3 months. Assessment is expected to take between 6 and 9 months, although the speed that you move through assessment is very much down to the learner and the time and dedication you can give.
How much study do I need to undertake?
This depends on the relevance of your past work experience and your individual learning style. Most learners dedicate a minimum of 10-15 hours each week to study.
What are the entry requirements?
You must possess sucient understanding, knowledge and experience in construction and building pathology to be able to conduct a professional condition survey on a residential property and you must be a member of a relevant professional body such as RICS or CIOB. You should also possess a good understanding of English and maths at an equivalent standard to GCSE level C.
Who is the Qualification designed for?
The Certificate is ideal for those who want to offer valuations on residential property and are already either:
- Members of RICS who qualified via a different pathway
- Members of RICS returning after a career break
- Members of other professional bodies who have rights of direct entry to RICS. This could include: –
- Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE)
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT)
- Institution of Clerks of Works and Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI)
Undertaking residential valuation work correctly is critical for the UK housing market. Many RICS members are excluded from doing valuations for secured lending purposes because they don’t have the practical experience necessary. This qualification demonstrates that you are competent and will give you immediate credibility with employers and the lending institutions.
The qualification maps against the pathway to join the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme (VRS). Because the qualification is so robust, it ticks off all the elements you need to join the VRS, making it much more straightforward to apply successfully. You can read more about the Valuer Registration Scheme here.
The qualification cost is £3,850 inc VAT. Payment plans are available. Click here to view the full pricing information.
As the qualification is delivered entirely online, you do not have to wait for an intake to start and you can begin your learning straight away. Please contact us on 01908 442158 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Come along to a 30-60 min webinar to find out more about the Certificate in Residential Valuation and how it provides the training and assessment needed to allow existing professionals (e.g. RICS, CABE or CIOB members) to offer valuations on residential property. There will be time at the end to answer your burning questions.
Next Webinar: 29th November, 6pm
Complete the enquiry form below to book your free place.