Our Domestic Energy Assessor training (also known as DEA training) is delivered through an online learning platform giving you flexibility as to where and when you undertake the learning for this qualification. You can enrol on the course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
Key Features of DEA Training
- Our DEA training gives you the skills required to assess buildings and produce accurate Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for domestic dwellings
- Includes comprehensive DEA training material that leads to you completing your own assessment portfolio
- Use of RdSAP software whilst in training included at no extra cost
- Sava has trained 1000s of DEAs over the last 16 years. We were responsible for introducing the first energy rating 40 years ago and have a deep heritage in energy ratings, having helped to develop Energy Performance Certificates which became law in 2007 – so you’re in good hands
- This DEA training is delivered entirely online giving you full control over your learning so you can study at a time and pace that suits you
- The qualification is accredited by the Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE), so you can be confident that the learning you receive is of the highest quality
- Includes additional optional content covering the differences in the RdSAP methodology for Domestic Energy Assessors wishing to lodge EPCs in Scotland.
You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace. We anticipate that this will take most people approximately 40-60 hours to complete.
The Awarding Body for the Built Environment (ABBE)
The certificate is delivered through an online learning platform giving you flexibility as to where and when you undertake your learning. Assessment is submitted through an e-portfolio.
ABBE Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment
£1,080.00 + VAT
DEA Training Details
Who is this DEA training designed for?
- The DEA course is suitable for those considering a career change. No prior experience is necessary
- Ideal for those who need to provide or understand and interpret EPCs as part of their daily duties
- The course is also designed for people with prior knowledge or experience of buildings, for example estate agents, builders, surveyors, heating engineers, architects, landlords etc.
- This course is ideal for adding domestic energy assessments as a new product or income stream to your existing services
How is the DEA training delivered?
- Our DEA training course is delivered through Sava Learn, our online learning platform, which is ideal if you’re looking for flexibility while you develop your skills and knowledge
- You can enrol on the DEA course at any time and work through the content at a pace that suits you
- You will have access to all Domestic Energy Assessor training materials for 6 months from purchase
- All content is created by leading industry trainers
- Introduction – induction, introduction to EPCs, schemes, audits, legal matters and dealing with customers
- The survey – health & safety, assessing the property and data collection for an EPC
- Property features – the features of a property that affect the EPC rating and how it is assessed in RdSAP (i.e., property age and size, insulation, windows, flats, lighting etc.)
- Construction – different construction types of walls, floors and roofs, and how to gather the right data for the EPC
- Space and water heating – about different main heating systems, hot water, secondary heating, and fuel sources for the purpose of RdSAP
- Renewable technologies – identifying renewable technologies and how to assess them for the EPC
- Recommendations – what the recommendations are, and what set of circumstances will make them appear as an improvement measure on the EPC
DEA training assessment requirements
The assessment for this DEA qualification focuses on producing 5 case studies which are submitted through an e-portfolio.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements. Anyone over the age of 18 can undertake this DEA training.
The cost of the qualification is £1,080 + VAT. This includes all online training materials, ABBE registration fees, assessment and the award of the ABBE Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment.