Residential valuations in the UK are required for mortgage lending, as well as for probate, investment decisions, tax, and matrimonial disputes and of course private clients.
Until now there has been no vocational qualification available for existing surveyors and others who have deep understanding of residential building construction and pathology but have limited valuation skills.
Sava have launched the Certificate in Residential Valuation which allows existing RICS members who qualified via a different pathway to upskill and offer residential valuations. Members of other professions with rights of direct entry to RICS may also be interested (e.g. CIOB, CABE etc.).
This certificate will be a mix of both training and assessment. Candidates will carry out valuations on a variety of real properties employing a range of valuation techniques to demonstrate that as well as having the requisite valuation knowledge, they can consistently apply that knowledge. In this way, the Certification in Valuation is different from just doing CPD in valuation.
We are running an introductory webinar on 14th December to explain more. We’ll be covering:
- How the qualification has been designed for existing building professionals who want to gain the knowledge and skills to be able to offer residential valuation
- The roles and activities that candidates will be able to successfully undertake upon completion
- An overview of the training and how learners are assessed
- How the qualification will lead to entry into the RICS’s Registered Valuers Scheme
- Intakes and investment required
To book your free place, click here.