The latest edition of the Sava/Bluebox Technical Bulletin has been released. This is a great resource for anyone in the residential sector. This bulletin aims to bring you quality technical information that will help you in your day to day work and includes articles on the following:
- Going Off the Gas Grid – This article considers the recommendation from the Committee on Climate Change to ban gas from new-build properties from 2025, as well as the alternative suggestions and incentives for change.
- Exploring Leasehold Property – This article explains what you need to know about leasehold properties following the recent report from Propertymark that found 94% of leasehold homeowners regret buying a leasehold.
- Thinking About Nuisance – Following the opinion published by RICS regarding nuisance caused by the presence of combustible cladding on a neighbouring building, this article revisits the tort of nuisance and looks at some recent examples.
- SAP 10: Hot Water Calculations – This article looks at the changes to the calculations for the hot water demand in the latest Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) developed by BRE.
- Helpful Processes for Complaints and Claims – We have put together some helpful tips and case studies to explain how your evidence and processes can help defend you in the event you receive a complaint or claim.
- Mentoring a Sava Learner – Hilary Grayson explains what mentoring a Sava learner might entail and what to do if you are interested in mentoring.
The bulletin is published quarterly and is available for all members of the Sava scheme and learners. If you would like to join the mailing list please click here.
The bulletin can be read here. You will need to sign in to Sava EDGE to read the bulletin. If you have not yet got an account, you can register for a free account, it only takes a minute.