Kickstart your new career in residential surveying and valuation.
As a residential surveyor, typically you’ll be inspecting people’s homes, reporting on issues and defects and, most importantly, supporting UK homebuyers as they make one of the biggest purchases of their lives.
Enrol on the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation and you can train as a residential surveyor and valuer in just 24 months, walking away with an industry-recognised qualification.
- Love to solve problems? Put your detective skills to work
- Looking for status? Residential surveyors are well respected
- Searching for flexibility? Choose employment through an established firm or work independently.
- Blended part-time learning, so you can train without giving up your job
- Unique qualification sought after by employers
- Diverse career pathways including carrying out property inspections for homebuyers, undertaking valuations for banks and building societies, and more
- We provide the only vocational pathway into the profession for those without a relevant degree or experience, including direct entry into the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Surveyors undertake a variety of work including: general practice work providing condition surveys that are most often commissioned by homebuyers in the process of purchasing a property; undertaking property valuations on behalf of banks and building societies; and some become experts in areas such as listed buildings and low carbon retrofit to provide specialist surveys and consultancy across the housing sector and beyond.
From estate agent to surveyor at e.surv
Hear from successful Sava diploma graduate, Natasha Palczuk
We provide education, technology and professional services to help look after the UK’s 29 million homes, and have been training residential surveyors since 2005. Our team is based in Milton Keynes and we have training locations across the UK, including a range of properties used for accompanied inspections during our courses. To date, we have supported more than 500 learners through the Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation and facilitated many successful introductions to employers at our annual conference.