Inspection and Post Actions
To provide a professional service it is essential to record the correct data on-site, provide a comprehensive report and validate any judgments and recommendations made. It is also essential to provide clear and comprehensive information to the customer within the terms of the service being provided. This training module explains good inspection and recording practice, and how follow-up research and good reporting are essential to provide a fully professional service to the client.
- Inspection techniques and routines
- Site notes and the record of inspection
- Reporting to the client
- Reinstatement Costs and the Building Cost Information Service
CPD Subject Category:
Housing - Inspecting Houses
Sava Online CPD Certificate
£300.00 + VAT
Why you need this
It is critical to fully understand the implications of inspecting and reporting correctly. Most disputes with surveyors arise because of failures in inspecting, recording and reporting accurately to the client.
At the end of this course you will have an understanding of:
- The inspection process, including routines and key standards for carrying out the service
- Measurement standards – the mandatory requirements that apply
- What reinstatement costs are, and how they are calculated
- The principles of condition ratings and good report writing
- The Home Survey Standard – reporting to your client
- File management and record keeping
Who is it designed for?
- People who regularly inspect and report on residential property
- Those who assist surveyors or other professionals with report writing and presentation
- People who work with residential surveyors
- The training programme is delivered through Sava Learn, our online learning platform. You will be asked to read, research, watch and listen, and invited to check your knowledge through quizzes.
- You have complete flexibility as to where and when you undertake your learning.
- You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
- You will have access to the material for a year from purchase.
- Content created by leading industry trainers
- Content includes a suite of additional & recommended learning resources (such as University West of England construction resources & BRE online library)
There is an online test after completion of the course to demonstrate the knowledge attained.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
The cost of the module is £300 + VAT. This includes all online training material, the test and the award of the Sava CPD Certificate.