Introduction to Basic Surveying Skills
This module provides a fundamental introduction to the skills required to work in surveying including observation, dating residential properties, producing site notes and various plans, and measuring a property.
- Introduction to observational skills needed as a surveyor
- Introduction to measuring residential property and practical measurement techniques
- Introduction to site and floor plans, and site notes
- How to date residential property
CPD Subject Category:
Housing - Inspecting Houses
Sava Online CPD Certificate
£240.00 + VAT
Why you need this
This module provides a fundamental introduction to the skills required to work in surveying including observation, dating residential properties, producing site notes and various plans as well as measuring a property.
At the end of this course you will have an understanding of:
- How to start observing buildings and their surroundings
- The RICS Measuring Code
- How to measure property, including the measurement of different shapes and forms
- The practicalities of measuring residential properties, looking at both manual and electronic measuring tools
- Site plans, including the type of information you’ll need to gather and how you might record it
- Floor plans, the type of information you’ll need to gather and how to record it
- The concept of inspection, recording that inspection and how this relates to the report for the client
- Some visual markers to look out for when dating residential property that will help you to understand what influenced or impacted housing at that time
- The different types of pitched roofs and pitched roof coverings
Who is it designed for?
- People who regularly inspect residential property
- People who measure property for a range of reasons
- Trainee surveyors and property inspectors who assist surveyors or other professionals
- People who want to enhance their existing support or administration skills
- The training programme is delivered through Sava Learn, our online learning platform. You will be asked to read, research, watch and listen, and invited to check your knowledge through quizzes.
- You have complete flexibility as to where and when you undertake your learning.
- You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
- You will have access to the material for a year from purchase.
- Content created by leading industry trainers
- Content includes a suite of additional & recommended learning resources (University West of England construction resources, BRE online library, RICS iSurv)
There is an online test after completion of the course to demonstrate the knowledge attained.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
The cost of the module is £240 + VAT. This includes all online training material, the test and the award of the Sava CPD Certificate.