Underpinning Principles of Law for the Built Environment
This module introduces law. It discusses how it is made and introduces concepts such as land law, easements, restrictive covenants, contract law, negligence and occupiers’ liability. It also covers legal and regulatory compliance.
- The Legal System and how law is made
- Land Law
- Civil Law
- Business, Employment and Crime
- Contract Law
CPD Subject Category:
Housing - Standards, Legal and Valuation
Sava Online CPD Certificate
£575.00 + VAT
Why you need this
This module introduces law and discusses how it is made and introduces some land law concepts such as easements, restrictive covenants, contract law, negligence and occupier’s liability. It also covers legal and regulatory compliance.
At the end of this course you will have an understanding of:
- The key concepts of law
- The property law that governs the various forms of ownership and occupation of real property
- Land estates and interests and how ownership is transferred
- The principles to be applied when there are property disputes, with a brief introduction to party walls and boundaries.
- The principles of tort, including negligence, breach of duty and duty of care etc
- Contract law, including land and business contracts
- Matters of business law that may affect you whether you work for a firm or run your own business
Who is it designed for?
- People without a legal background who work in property
- People who need to understand the fundamental requirements of law
- Those involved in managing property
- People who need to understand the legal implications of decisions and actions related to residential property
- The training programme is delivered through Sava Learn, our online learning platform. You will be asked to read, research, watch and listen, and invited to check your knowledge through quizzes.
- You have complete flexibility as to where and when you undertake your learning.
- You can enrol on this course at any time and work through the content at your own pace.
- You will have access to the material for a year from purchase.
- Content created by leading industry trainers
There is an online test after completion of the course to demonstrate the knowledge attained.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements.
The cost of the module is £575 + VAT. This includes all online training material, the test and the award of the Sava CPD Certificate.